Media Placement Archive
The selected media placements below highlight stories about the University of Richmond, as well as articles featuring the expertise of UR faculty and staff.
- WVTF Radio, NPR: University of Richmond Teaches Empathy to Build a Better Business & Richmond BizSense: UR tackles corporate compassion
- CBS 6: Virginia honors ‘The Greatest Generation’ at special ceremony at University of Richmond
- 8 News: University of Richmond alum, Virginia native and astronaut Leland Melvin reacts to death of John Glenn
- University of Richmond is founding member of American Talent Initiative. Learn more in this article from The Washington Post
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: University of Richmond joins effort to recruit low-income students
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: UVA, UR and W&L schools make best-value list
- Richmond School of Law professor Henry Chambers, a constitutional law expert, weighs in about the issues we will likely see in the Supreme Court in 2017 for U.S. News & World Report.
- University of Richmond President Ronald A. Crutcher is featured in this Diverse Issues in Higher Education article: Colleges Find Rebooting With Experienced Leadership Paying Off
- Richmond BizSense: UR launches school’s first brewing certificate program
- WCVE radio, NPR: University of Richmond Expert Says Healthcare For 385,000 Virginians Now In Jeopardy
- Psychology professor Lisa Jobe-Shields offers advice on coping with post-election stress for Richmond Times-Dispatch column: Coping with intense stress reactions
- Dean of International Education Martha Merritt provides some packing tips for USA Today: 'Tis the season for minimalist travel
- CNN was on campus for a live broadcast with a focus group of undecided voters during and after the Vice Presidential Debate on Oct. 4. This news article from Media Matters shows one of the segments: "CNN Focus Group Overwhelmingly Picks Tim Kaine As The “Clear Winner” Of Vice Presidential Debate"
- Political science professor Dan Palazzolo quoted in Richmond Times-Dispatch on Vice Presidential Debate: "Virginia analysts surprised by Kaine's aggression, but say debate likely did not change race"
- University of Richmond dedicates new Queally Center: WCVE, local NPR radio and Richmond BizSense.
- Political science professor Dan Palazzolo weighs in for The Washington Post: "Hillary Clinton holds 15-point lead over Trump in Virginia"
- USA Today: Robins School of Business finance professor Tom Arnold weighs in on "To open or not? Retailers wage battle for Thanksgiving"
- The Atlantic CityLab:"A Digital Window Into the Roots of Redlining" details a University of Richmond mapping project out of the Digitial Scholarship Lab. The project has also been highlighted by National Geograhpic and NPR.
- The Progress-Index: University of Richmond chemistry professor named 2016 Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar
- Jepson School of Leadership Studies professor Jessica Flanigan is quoted in this opinion piece on the price of EpiPen in the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Bloomberg BNA: "Inside Prof. Tim Kaine's Law School Classroom" at University of Richmond.
- The Washington Post: "Kosovo is rioting over how to draw its borders. Here’s how it could get worse," by Sandra Joireman, Weinstein Chair of International Studies and professor of political science. She studies property, law and post-conflict return migration.
- Fast Company: Dean of the Jepson School of Leadership Studies Sandra Peart is quoted throughout the article "How To Be Your Own Leadership Development Coach."
- Bloomberg BNA: Richmond Law professor Carl Tobias is quoted in "Can Supreme Court Be More Than Election Sound Bite?".
- Vice President for Enrollment Management Stephanie Dupaul discusses retention in The Atlantic article “The Pitfalls of Free Tuition,” which stemmed from a roundtable discussion of admissions leaders from both public and private colleges and universities.
- Professor of law Andy Spalding, an expert in international anti-corruption law, pens opinion piece for USA Today: "Olympics cast light on Brazil's corruption"
- "Kenya Students Visit Jepson School of Leadership at University of Richmond" via WCVE, NPR radio
- The Progress-Index: University of Richmond to offer new professional brewing program
- Associate dean of admissions at University of Richmond School of Law Michelle Rahman featured in U.S. News & World Report article "Weigh 3 Factors When Making a Law School Budget"
- Jepson School of Leadership Studies professor Thad Williamson provides commentary for The Philadelphia Inquirer in "For VP, Kaine a bold choice"
- The Washington Post: Political science professor Dan Palazzolo quoted in article about Tim Kaine being chosen as VP candidate
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: UR president masters careers as administrator and musician
- Political science professor Dan Palazzolo weighs in on NBC News story about Tim Kaine as possible VP candidate
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: UR business school picks namesake for hall of fame
- WRIC: Vigil for Orlando shooting victims at University of Richmond
- A Q&A with Patrice Rankine, new School of Arts & Sciences dean, appeared in the Richmond Times-Dispatch
- NBC 12: University of Richmond's Office of Alumni and Career Services contributed to story "More students taking gap years before college or grad school"
- "The Benefits of a Dean's Book Club" by Robins School of Business dean Nancy Bagranoff appeared in BizED Magazine.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: "FBI director encourages UR law grads to pursue public service"
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: "Diversity and inclusion highlighted at University of Richmond commencement"
- Assistant director of Career Services Tonya Osmond contributed an article on top networking mistakes to Strictly Marketing Magazine.
- WCVE, NPR Radio: "University of Richmond Installs State-of-the-Art Solar Panels"
- RVA News: "University of Richmond announces 2016 commencement speakers"
- University of Richmond selected as one of MONEY and ESSENCE's 50 Best Colleges for African-Americans via ESSENCE
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: "UR digital project cited as tech innovator"
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: The Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation awarded the University of Richmond a three-year Beckman Scholars grant for faculty-mentored student research.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: University of Richmond debuts new rooftop solar array
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: UR names new deans
- University of Richmond was included in the article "Colleges continue strong commitment to global volunteerism through Peace Corps" on Examiner.com. UR has nine alums currently serving.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: "UR celebrates arachnids during national Save a Spider Day"
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: "Author Walter Mosley coming to University of Richmond for literary festival"
- Richmond Free Press: "Rankine named new dean at UR"
- Director of Career Services Leslie Stevenson is quoted in this The New York Times article "Finding a Job that Works for You."
- CBS 6: "University of Richmond ‘substantially increases’ accessibility for low-income students"
- Virginia Business magazine profiles President Ronald A. Crutcher in articles "A calm energy" and "An ear for music."
- USA Today opinion column by Erik Nielson, professor of liberal arts in UR's School of Professional & Continuing Studies: "Rubio, rap and Republicans' well-deserved electoral backlash"
- Psychology professor Laura Knouse's research, which looks at how the "testing effect" can help adults with ADHD learn, was featured in The New York Times: "Research Hints at Promise and Difficulty of Helping People With A.D.H.D. Learn."
- Style Weekly: "Cold War Kid: A Richmond Professor Examines the Geopolitics of Maps" focuses on rhetoric and communication studies professor Timothy Barney's book "Mapping the Cold War."
- Biology professor Malcolm Hill talks about his National Science Foundation grant and collaborative research with professor with April Hill on CBS 6.
- Richmond BizSense profiles recent grant and research of Robins School professor Susan Cohen: "Grant to accelerate professor’s startup study"
- Robins School of Business featured in Virginia Business article on schools using innovative techniques and experiential learning to prepare students.
- Director of Admission Nate Crozier provides insight for CVS "Grow With Us" Newsletter article on prepping teens for college.
- Author and professor Yvonne Howell shares her latest project about Russian science fiction, "Red Star Tales," on CBS 6's Virginia This Morning show.
Top 15 of 2015
Please enjoy these Top 15 media highlights of 2015. These placements are a sampling of hundreds throughout the year and are in no particular order.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch article highlights University of Richmond study abroad program: Studying abroad 'makes you more resilient'
- Robins School of Business marketing professor Adam Marquardt weighs in on why Virginia is attractive to professional teams for The Virginian-Pilot article, "Virginia Beach City Council set to vote on arena deal."
- Gizmodo article features new maps in Digital Scholarship Lab: See the US Welcome Millions of Immigrants Over 150 Years In this Interactive Map
- The Progress Index: University of Richmond professor named as a SCHEV, Dominion Resources 2016 Outstanding Faculty Award recipient
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: "Liberal education enriches life," an opinion piece by President Ronald A. Crutcher
- Dean Croushore, Robins School of Business economics department chair, quoted in The Washington Post article on Federal Reserve and interest rates.
- Presidential Inauguration highlighted in Richmond Time-Dispatch special insert.
- Style Weekly: Richmond Professors Use Bio-Math to Help Soldiers With Brain Injuries
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education: Crutcher sees University of Richmond as the right fit
- Jepson School of Leadership Studies dean Sandra Peart on thankfulness and remembering in Richmond Times-Dispatch opinion piece.
- Justice Sonia Sotomayor visits University of Richmond School of Law via Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: "On diversity, fifty years later," an opinion piece by President Ronald A. Crutcher
- History professor Eric Yellin's opinion column on Woodrow Wilson published in USA Today.
- Exhibition at UR Downtown profiled by Richmond Times-Dispatch: Couple’s cemetery research seeks to heal sorrows, reclaim history
- Richmond College Dean Joe Boehman and WGSS professor Julianne Guillard interviewed for WCVE radio spot on Today's College Man Workshop.
- Sandra Peart, dean of the Jepson School of Leadership Studies, quoted in The Augusta Chronicle article on what it takes to be a good leader.
- Provost and vice president for Academic Affairs Jacquelyn Fetrow was featured in an article on industry experience as a platform for academic careers in Science Careers from the journal Science.
- GayRVA.com article, ‘New UR study finds link between health issues and discrimination in transgender Americans,’ focuses on research and recent paper coauthored by assistant professor of sociology Eric Anthony Grollman.
- The Daily Progress: Civil rights leader donates papers to University of Richmond
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: The troubles of college men: UR group mentors boys to teach them to focus on studies
- Richmond Scholars Program highlighted in Virginia Business article on merit scholarships
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: UR president: Harness "power of our community's diversity"
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: UR 5K bike ride and other events surround UCI Road World Championships
- UR's participation in "America's Journey for Justice March" and rabbi Andrew Goodman featured in Richmond Times-Dispatch: This 'Journey for Justice' runs through Richmond
- Robins School of Business professor Dean Croushore quoted in LA Times article on Fed rate hike. Croushore was also the 'Quotation of the Day' in The New York Times related to this topic.
- Style Weekly: Unembedded: Richmond Professor Robert Hodierne Captures Personal Moments from the Vietnam War
- WRIC ABC 8 News: University of Richmond kicks off Spirit Week to celebrate Richmond 2015
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Thousands turn out to see start of men's elite road race at UR
- University of Richmond featured for 'great financial aid' during segment on The Today Show: Princeton Review Top Colleges
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: UR professor garners award for teaching
- Tammy Milby, director of reading in the Department of Education, interviewed about kindergarten readiness for NBC 12 RVA Parenting segment: Back to Elementary School
- History professor Eric Yellin interviewed for CNN Money article: 9 Things to know about social security as it turns 80
- Erik Nielson, professor of Liberal Arts in the School of Professional and Continuing Studies, quoted in USA Today: Why 2015 is the year of hip-hop
- Sociology professor Elizabeth Ransom interviewed by WCVE radio about research on women and farm productivity in Africa through National Science Foundation grant: University of Richmond Sociologist Helps Empower Women In Uganda
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: How One University Uses New-Student Orientation to Talk About Sexual Assault
- Richmond Magazine names President Ronald A. Crutcher "Richmonder of the Month": Hail to the Chief
- Richmond Times-Dispatch profiles the research of biology professor Kristine Grayson: Can troublemaking gypsy moths withstand the heat?
- Style Weekly profiles President Crutcher: "Chief Spider"
- Urban Views Weekly: University of Richmond summer program allows middle and high school students to explore STEM disciplines
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Decision Maker: Lázaro Lima, new associate provost for faculty
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: UR president ready to engage, offer his skills
- Vincent Wang, professor of political science, interview by CNBC: Is the end in sight for a TPP deal?
- Physics department chair Ted Bunn quoted in #7 of Woman's Day article: 10 Things You Never Knew About Roller Coaster?
- Richmond BizSense: UR breaks ground on $26M welcome center
- Richmond Law School Dean Wendy Perdue weighs in on job market for law graduates in “Experts Advice” section of GoodCall News piece: The Best Small Cities for Law School Graduates
- NBC 12 interviews Adam Marquardt, Robins School of Business marketing professor: Food Lion and Martins set to merge
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Final Richmond 2015 bike race to start on University of Richmond campus
- Richmond Law professor Corinna Lain quoted by Bloomberg Business: Where Do the Death Penalty Abolitionists Go From Here?
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Ayers says farewell to Class of 2015 at University of Richmond
- Education professor Kate Cassada interviewed for NBC 12 RVA Parenting segment: When do you hold kids back in school
- Law professor Andy Spalding quoted in USA Today: What we know about FIFA president Sepp Blatter
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Hanover schools superintendent to become University of Richmond dean
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: University of Richmond biologist mapping Lyme disease expansion
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Q&A with University of Richmond Dean Jim Narduzzi
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: "Twisted" by UR professor Bert Ashe tells the tale of his dreadlocks
- President Ed Ayers quoted about digital scholarship in Inside Higher Ed: Credit Where Credit’s Due
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: UR student’s grant provides financial aid to Haitian sugar cane workers
- RVANews: University of Richmond students work on giant mural in the Fan
- Law professor Ann Hodges offers expertise in The Huffington Post article: Protests for $15 Minimum Wage are Heating Up
- Richmond College dean Joe Boehman's op-ed on masculinity in Richmond Times-Dispatch: Breaking free of the man box
- Robins School of Business C-Suite Conversation topic of Richmond Times-Dispatch article: Goodwin says children's hospital could be a "dominant force" for region
- SPCS professor Erik Nielson's research featured in Rolling Stone: Killer Mike: Rap Lyrics Being Manipulated in Court to Land Convictions
- Law professor Corinna Lain featured in NBC News story: Pharmacy Groups Balk at Supplying Lethal Injection Drugs
- ABC 8: UR Students take action as federal investigation of sexual assaults continues
- Management professor Susan Cohen coauthors Harvard Business Review article: The Top 20 Start-Up Accelerators in the U.S.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: UR's new president is classical musician, retired head of Mass. college
- Office of Alumni and Career Services' Anna Young offer tips in Nerd Wallet article: 5 ways to organize your job search
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Law schools see sharp drop in enrollment
- Law professor Ann Hodges quoted in The New York Times: Walmart raising wage to at least $9
- CBS 6 interviews American Studies professor Laura Browder on her research and book: Why ‘ladies only’ hits the mark for females who want to shoot guns
- NBC 12 interviews Sandy Turnage from the Office of Alumni and Career Services: Job scam targets college students
- Economics professor Dean Croushore in McClatchy: Fed wears a bulls-eye this year on Capitol Hill
- Law professor Noah Sachs in Richmond Times-Dispatch: Time to upgrade drinking water protections
- The Washington Post, DC Sports Blog: Richmond’s basketball team now brings a live tarantula onto the court and into the locker room
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: University of Richmond to install 204-kilowatt solar array