Media Coverage Highlights
The selected media placements below highlight stories about the University of Richmond, as well as articles featuring the expertise of UR faculty and staff.
- Higher Education Today: UR's President Ronald A. Crutcher wrote Richmond Joins Effort to Recruit, Graduate More Lower-income Students about Richmond joining the American Talent Initiative, which focuses on increasing opportunity for low- and moderate-income students. Higher Education Today is a blog by the American Council on Education.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Rick Mayes, political science professor and co-coordinator of the healthcare studies program, discussed what the future of health care might look like, especially regarding the Affordable Care Act in Federal health care conversation could affect Virginia
- Inside Higher Ed: An Inaguration eve panel discussion event hosted by the Office of International Educaiton is highlighted in Some colleges planning alternative events for Inauguration Day
- WVTF Radio, NPR: University of Richmond Teaches Empathy to Build a Better Business & Richmond BizSense: UR tackles corporate compassion
- CBS 6: Virginia honors ‘The Greatest Generation’ at special ceremony at University of Richmond
- 8 News: University of Richmond alum, Virginia native and astronaut Leland Melvin reacts to death of John Glenn
- University of Richmond is founding member of American Talent Initiative. Learn more in this article from The Washington Post
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: University of Richmond joins effort to recruit low-income students
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: UVA, UR and W&L schools make best-value list
- Richmond School of Law professor Henry Chambers, a constitutional law expert, weighs in about the issues we will likely see in the Supreme Court in 2017 for U.S. News & World Report.
- University of Richmond President Ronald A. Crutcher is featured in this Diverse Issues in Higher Education article: Colleges Find Rebooting With Experienced Leadership Paying Off
- Richmond BizSense: UR launches school’s first brewing certificate program
- WCVE radio, NPR: University of Richmond Expert Says Healthcare For 385,000 Virginians Now In Jeopardy
- Psychology professor Lisa Jobe-Shields offers advice on coping with post-election stress for Richmond Times-Dispatch column: Coping with intense stress reactions
- Dean of International Education Martha Merritt provides some packing tips for USA Today: 'Tis the season for minimalist travel
- CNN was on campus for a live broadcast with a focus group of undecided voters during and after the Vice Presidential Debate on Oct. 4. This news article from Media Matters shows one of the segments: "CNN Focus Group Overwhelmingly Picks Tim Kaine As The “Clear Winner” Of Vice Presidential Debate"
- Political science professor Dan Palazzolo quoted in Richmond Times-Dispatch on Vice Presidential Debate: "Virginia analysts surprised by Kaine's aggression, but say debate likely did not change race"
- University of Richmond dedicates new Queally Center: WCVE, local NPR radio and Richmond BizSense.
- Political science professor Dan Palazzolo weighs in for The Washington Post: "Hillary Clinton holds 15-point lead over Trump in Virginia"
- USA Today: Robins School of Business finance professor Tom Arnold weighs in on "To open or not? Retailers wage battle for Thanksgiving"
- The Atlantic CityLab:"A Digital Window Into the Roots of Redlining" details a University of Richmond mapping project out of the Digitial Scholarship Lab. The project has also been highlighted by National Geograhpic and NPR.
- The Progress-Index: University of Richmond chemistry professor named 2016 Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar
- Jepson School of Leadership Studies professor Jessica Flanigan is quoted in this opinion piece on the price of EpiPen in the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Bloomberg BNA: "Inside Prof. Tim Kaine's Law School Classroom" at University of Richmond.
- The Washington Post: "Kosovo is rioting over how to draw its borders. Here’s how it could get worse," by Sandra Joireman, Weinstein Chair of International Studies and professor of political science. She studies property, law and post-conflict return migration.
- Fast Company: Dean of the Jepson School of Leadership Studies Sandra Peart is quoted throughout the article "How To Be Your Own Leadership Development Coach."
- Bloomberg BNA: Richmond Law professor Carl Tobias is quoted in "Can Supreme Court Be More Than Election Sound Bite?".