From: Barbara Melton <bmelton@richmond.edu>
To: Faculty Staff and Students
Subject: Schola Cantorum & Women's Chorale concert
Category: Cultural/Social Events
Location: Camp Concert Hall - Booker Hall of Music
EventDate: Sunday 28OCT2012 03:00 PM
Cost: FREE; No Ticket Required

Treat yourself to a Sunday afternoon of wonderful music as Department of Music choirs, Schola Cantorum and Women's Chorale, present their fall concert. Directors Jeffrey Riehl and David Pedersen will lead them in repertoire featuring young American composers with student soloists Jenni Swegan, Gwen Setterberg, Adam Uslan, and Patrick Murphy.

Date: Sunday, Oct. 28
Time: 3 p.m.
Place: Camp Concert Hall, Booker Hall of Music
Cost: Free; no ticket required
Inquiries: Music office 804-289-8277; bmelton@richmond.edu

Years ago when I first began working at UR, I was delighted to read in SpiderBytes that one of my favorite writers was giving a talk at UR. I was able to attend and found a delightful and intimate gathering in which we had opportunities to engage in conversation with the writer—what a treat!

Do you know how to get SpiderBytes? It’s easy, and takes just a few minutes to set up a UR network account, using instructions that were provided when you joined or renewed your Osher Institute members.  Not sure where those instructions are? No worries! Just click on this link: http://spcs.richmond.edu/osher/membership/handbook.html and look on the last page for simple instructions for setting up your UR computer network account, once done will automatically subscribe you to receive SpiderBytes each day to your home email address if you select that option in the setup procedure (recommended!).

And while you are looking at the Osher Member Handbook, I hope you’ll read the entire handbook—it’s full of helpful information. Better yet, sign up to attend one of the Osher member orientation sessions held each semester and led by members of the Osher Membership Team. They are eager to help you make full use of your Osher membership. Enjoy!